Mo asks Craig Budner: What is your personal “why” when it comes to growth?
- Craig’s father always had a history book in his lap and Craig was brought up in a culture of learning, so learning is at the core of why he does what he does.
- At a global law firm like K&L Gates, if you’re not sensitive to the fact that people grow up in different cultures and with different languages it’s not as much fun. The more perspective that Craig can have with what people are going through makes him better in his leadership role.
- How do you motivate yourself when things get tough?
- People are busy. Don’t assume a lack of response is about you. Craig burns off steam in a productive way most of the time, either by reading, meditating, or exercise.
- People, when they need you, are going to be responsive.
- What are your favorite ways to stay in touch?
- Craig is a fan of interacting over the phone. There are a number of social cues that you can miss via email. If it’s a warm relationship, a phone call to check in when there is some down time is ideal.
- The closer the relationship, the more likely a phone call will help you achieve that raving fan/trusted advisor status.
Mentioned in this Episode: