Mo asks James Barclay: If you could record a video around business development and send it back to your younger self, what would it say?
- James is naturally impatient, so he would tell his younger self to cultivate patience.
- You can’t sell stuff by shouting at people that they should buy from you. It’s not your sales process, it’s about their buying process.
- Think about the actions that you can do consistently that will lay the groundwork for outcomes instead of focusing on the outcomes themselves.
- Accept the fact that you are often fighting fires and won’t always be perfect at your business development habits. Having a team that can support you and keep you on track when you need it is a big asset. Make sure you are surrounded by people you trust.
- Set some time aside each week to track your most important things and what you got done and what’s still on the list.
- James would always tell his younger self that the best ideas don’t come when you’re looking at a screen. Your best ideas will come when you’re unplugged.
Mentioned in this Episode: