Mo asks Mike Michalowicz: How do we hack our habits so we keep evolving and getting better?
- The first thing you do in the day is the most impactful. Sadly, most people open their email first which then dictates their behavior.
- You need to time block the first part of your morning to focus on your most important work. Don’t do anything like email which can divert you from the path.
- Any time you want to fix or improve a single thing, you need to focus on it exclusively each day until that one project is done.
- Use the momentum effect to your advantage. It’s actually the discipline of not doing that will actually result in more effective action. Even a 15-minute block of time at the very beginning of your day will yield positive results and make it easier to get the momentum going.
- If you want to strengthen a chain, focus on the weakest link. If you fix that, the strength of the whole chain gets elevated and you can focus on the next weak link. We can be so much more efficient if we just focus on one thing at a time.
Mentioned in this Episode: