Mo asks Read Davis: What is your favorite science, step, or story from the GrowBIG Training or the Snowball System?
- Successful sales and business development is psychology, which is why Read’s favorite science is the Herrmann Brain Dominance Instrument. It’s critical to understand who you are and how you learn, as well as how you react when you get challenged.
- The most impactful aspect of business development is the sum of all its various parts.
- Being able to quickly understand who the person is and how they communicate is how you take someone from a cold call to a warm relationship.
- Read prefers going to the office where someone works to have a meeting with them to get a better idea of how they think. It’s possible to observe little details in the environment and how a prospect answers questions that will give you an idea of how they think.
- Try not to measure success in 30, 60, or 90-day intervals. True success is a long-term project and what you do needs to align with your long-term vision.
- Revisit activities that aren’t performing well and see where the holes are in your process. Without identifying your weaknesses you’re going to waste a lot of time. There is always something to get better at.
Mentioned in this Episode: