Mo asks Bill Ruprecht: What is your favorite science, step, or strategy from the GrowBIG Training or the Snowball System?
- Bill began working with Mo because he believed a more disciplined approach to building relationships was critical to the continued growth of his organization.
- When you have 90 offices over 40 countries is an enormous task. Bill recalls a meeting with a number of executives at Sotheby's along with Mo where it became very clear how some people struggled with the process of articulating value, even those who had been in the business for 30 years.
- Every business believes they are unique so they often believe a system of business development couldn’t possibly apply to them. But once they realize that almost everybody runs into the same problems and barriers, they see the value of a disciplined approach to relationships.
- The default assumption that most people make is that business development is not a learnable skill. That some people are just born with it and that assumption prevents them from seeing the possibilities.
- Bill is a born introvert and a learned extrovert. Giving speeches and connecting with people didn’t come naturally to him.
- Being a salesman is something to be proud of because it means you’re being an advocate for whatever you’re walking into the room and trying to do.
Mentioned in this Episode: