Mo asks John Tigh: Tell me of a business development that you are particularly proud of.
- During John’s time working as a consultant while working for a top-10 pharmaceutical company. He had a chance to meet another top-10 pharmaceutical company and help them implement a new technology.
- John had a productive initial meeting but hadn’t really heard from them for two years. Eventually, John was contacted to pick up the project after another consulting company dropped the ball.
- Disaster struck and the leader that was meant to guide the project left the company. John put his hand up to help them move the project forward as long as they were willing to trust the team to get things done. Over time, the team grew and John ran that project from the outside for three years and grew the business to the tune of multiple millions of dollars.
- All of that came from one initial meeting and building trust by offering some expertise and help with no strings attached.
- He was the one who wrote the strategy that transformed the business as well as the leader and operations person who helped make that happen.
- John’s biggest achievement during that time was in overcoming his own inner critic. By learning about and practicing meditation each day, he learned how to get out of his own way.
- Having a moment at the start of each day to throw off the doubts and the worries and focus on doing what he can do has changed the rest of John’s life.
- One of the biggest blessings of a high performing team that has your back and believes in you is that they can help you manage your own inner critic.
Mentioned in this Episode: