This week on Real Relationships Real Revenue, we are talking about effective and strategic client planning. Many people make mistakes when it comes to this so we will be covering how you can do this really well, where you can get the most ROI on your time invested, and how to do it in a way that your clients will love.
Topics We Cover in This Episode:
- The biggest mistakes we see with client planning
- Anchoring and the status quo bias
- Earned dogmatism
- Self-enhancement bias
- Why you need to be looking toward the future
- Questions to ask yourself about your clients
- Future vision
- Why you should focus on the top three things
- Using mnemonic devices, alliteration, or rhyming
- Creating your to-do list
- Creating your to-don’t list
- The say no nicely model
- Thinking about business development meetings as agile sprints
- Spending time in the meeting looking forward
- Tying everything back to the strategy
- Celebrating incremental progress
The most important thing for you to remember when it comes to client planning is to look forward. Don’t spend all of your time looking into the past and examining what did or didn’t work. Give it ten minutes and then switch to your future vision. It’s the only thing you can control.
These tips and strategies will help you look at the current situation, plan for the future, come up with effective strategies, take the necessary tactical steps, and manage everything ongoing. If you implement these tips, you are sure to find more success.