In this episode of Real Relationships Real Revenue, I sat down with Charlie Green, the author of the first book that really made an impact on me - The Trusted Advisor. There are so many books out there that are all about closing the next deal, and not enough about the relationship aspect. You can have relationships and be proactive, and do it in a way that’s a win for everybody, and Charlie is here to dive into that topic and share three big ideas on the topic of trust with us today.
Prior to founding Trusted Advisor Associates in 2001, Charlie spent 20 years in management consulting. He has an MBA from Harvard, and a BA in Philosophy from Columbia, where he also drove a NYC taxi part-time. He is the co-author of The Trusted Advisor, The Trusted Advisor Fieldbook, and author of Trust-based Selling.
He has worked with over 100 clients in industries from law, consulting, and accounting to technology, financial services, and pharmaceuticals, helping individuals and teams to get better at trusting and being trusted.
Topics We Cover in This Episode:
- The advantages of focusing on trust in relationships
- How to take risks while also being trustworthy in business
- The power of The Trust Equation
- Showing vulnerability as an expert and how it builds trust
- The myths around trust
- The emotional or “soft” stuff that will get you the sale
- What happens when you stop being self-centered and let go of resentment
- The power of follow-up questions and showing interest during conversations
- How to keep the goal of helping others at the front of mind during your conversations
- Why the enemy is not objection, the enemy is disconnection in business agreements
- Why you should always follow your curiosity
- The importance of leading with your mindset
I hope you found as much value in this conversation with Charlie as I did! His work has truly impacted the way I do business so I am thrilled that I got the chance to have him on the show. Building trust can really benefit your relationships so I encourage you all to take these tips from Charlie and apply them to your own work today.
If you want to chat with Charlie, feel free to email him at email@example.com and visit his website and learn more about how you can become more trustworthy in your relationships. I also highly recommend you check out his book The Trusted Advisor.
Check out the Klask Game: https://www.klaskgame.com
Get in touch with Charlie: firstname.lastname@example.org
Visit Charlie’s website: https://trustedadvisor.com